Back to What's new
January 7, 2021
Are you a creative, innovative thinker with a proven record of using communication to create and inspire change?
Energiesprong UK is looking for a new Communication and Events Programme Manager to join its award-winning team
As a key member of a small team, you will have the responsibility for developing and implementing a programme of communication activities which will engage, influence and inspire our target audiences.
This is an exciting opportunity to work across several projects, ensuring you develop a full understanding of the whole programme, in order to bring together the opportunities for engagement at a strategic level.
• Strategically plan and deliver a programme of communication / marketing activity aimed at influencing stakeholders across our target groups of policy, demand and supply. This will include ‘Creating a movement’, identifying and working with strategic partners to build support for our ‘Asks of Government’.
• Create original, relevant and engaging content for social media, newsletters and print media, ensuring all opportunities are used to mobilise action across our stakeholders.
• Develop timely thought leadership pieces, working with relevant members of the team for specialist content where required.
• Lead on developing dissemination plans for grant funded demonstration projects, considering key messages and leveraging effective communication tools for a post Covid world. To include planning and programme management of dissemination activity, working with delivery partners, case study development, creating explanation videos, web pages and writing articles / awards submissions.
• Create, plan and deliver events which engage, influence and inspire, including partner focused events for knowledge dissemination or training, and high impact exhibitions or conferences.
We like people with new ideas about how to do things. Evidence and a track record of creating and inspiring change is more important than experience in a relevant sector.
• A creative and innovative thinker who can develop new ways to inspire change.
• Experience of researching topics, writing compelling articles and presentations, and identifying the right message for the right audience.
• Evidence of effectively structuring a programme of engagement to deliver outcomes.
• Ability to leverage online, hybrid and in person events to foster increased interactivity and engagement.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to convey often complex and nuanced topics in a clear, concise and compelling way.
• Experience of liaising with high level stakeholders from across sectors and industries.
• Ability to work independently and own a project from inception to delivery.
• Natural curiosity with an ability to acquire and comprehend information rapidly
• Proactivity, with a can-do attitude and a positive outlook.
• A problem solver: able to think on your feet and find creative solutions in a high-pressure environment
• Willingness to work in an ‘all hands-on deck environment’ and roll up your sleeves to support the team in whatever capacity may be required to meet programme objectives
• Attention to detail, ability to effectively prioritise
• Adaptability; you are excited to work in a fast-paced start up environment and are comfortable with ambiguity.
• A passion for and understanding of net zero energy / environmental issues.
Location: Home or own office based, UK and some EU travel required.
Terms: Attractive. Flexible. 2 to 4 days/week. Contracted or employed.
£300/day as contractor. 12 months contract available initially.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com